- Make a list colleges you plan to apply to (5-7 state and private) and find out cost to apply (fee waivers are available)
- Write 3 personal statements:
- Describe a problem you have overcome and how this made you into the person you are today.
- What do you want to major in and how will it benefit your future plans?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship? What makes you stand out from the other applicants?
- Make a resume. Include your educational goals, career interests, clubs, sports, awards and honors, offices held, and community service.
- Get letters of recommendation from people who supervised your volunteer or paid work. Ask for these before you leave the position!
Once you return to school in August you need to:
- Make an appointment with your counselor to review your a-g requirements and SAT, SAT Subjects, and ACT scores, college admission requirements
- Get letters of recommendation from teachers and counselors. Give everyone at least a 2 week notice. Ask if they can save it so you can go back and get another if you need to.
- Create an account at the college where you are applying. (Possibly csumentor.edu, ucop.edu, commonapp.org)
- Get Cal-Grant paper signed by your parents (free money based on GPA for qualified students)
College Search Links: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/education/beauty-schools